We've been tagged!
Wow, we thought it was hard coming up with Random Things about us before... now we have to think of 7 Things You May Not Know about us!
Thanks to Donal of Good Mood Food Blog and Nate & Annie of House of Annie for the tag. Here goes.
1. Everybody in the family wears eyeglasses. I, myself, have had glasses since I was 4 years old. (ts)
2. We've never had mammals as pets during childhood. We've had fish, hermit crabs and even a chicken. But mammals, no.
3. We are hydrophiles. We drink more than 8 glasses of water everyday. In fact, I would guess that, on average, we drink about 3L of water per day, each.
Do people still know Roman numerals? This was published in MCMLXXIX (1979).
4. I still have my first ever cookbook, given to me in 1987.
It's a small book called Easy Meals, filled with strange, "exotic" English dishes: Oven-baked Rolls with egg inside(!), Super Sausage Roll and Corned Beef Hash.
I don't think I ever made anything from here, but I've thumbed throughout numerous times since my receipt of it. I'm not going to get rid of it. (ts)
5. It seems that our household has more reams of scrap paper than "real" paper. It's such a waste to discard paper with only 1 side used up! This is a leftover habit from our childhood when prices for white bond paper were exhorbitant.
6. JS is extremely loyal to her shoes. She once wore the same pair of shoes everyday for more than 3 years. Our mother begged her to throw away the shoes, to no avail. She finally got rid of that pair in Hongkong, because she had to walk in the shoes for miles and got blisters. (Shoes had gone too loose already.)
7. I play dodgeball. For real. In a league and everything. I'm just really bad at it. (ts)
We're supposed to tag others. But, let's make it a free-for-all. Anyone who wishes to write 7 Things We May Not Know About You, please do so! =)
We also want to thank Esi of Dishing Up Delights for giving us the Superior Scribbler Award!
An award for our writing? We are truly honored.
There are rules for the award, but I'm afraid we're breaking them. Information about the award here.
Sunday, December 07, 2008
We've been tagged!